The weather is beautiful, you can find half an hour! Just get into your running clothes, turn off social media, put on your headphones and GO!
After all it’s all about overcoming your own laziness and adding some variety to your daily routine. It’s about doing something good for yourself which will make you feel better. It will also change the way you perceive yourself because not only will endorphines improve your mood but also you will feel proud of yourself! Would you not like that?
*article contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure page for details.
So get up and go!
This is exactly what I did yesterday and how I felt afterwards. I’ve had quite a long break from running and I won’t hide that yesterday’s run was extremely hard, but I told myself that I would run 4km and so I did… somehow… Half dead after the 3rd km but I managed! ufff….
My limit is 4K so far and to be honest I’m not really ambitious to do more. Perhaps I will extend that some day, just to see how far I could get, but at the moment…
I run because…
- I treat running as an addition to my workouts, I often do it as a warm-up
- I feel the weather calling and go running when the weather is nice simply to do some physical activity outdoors and enjoy the sun
- by running I add some variety to my fitness plan
- sometimes I need that extra kick in the morning to wake up and get more energy for the day.
Running is extremely exhausting for my body and since I don’t want to loose weight, I’m trying not to exaggerate with cardio. I run anyway, but not too far and not too fast (lol).
Choose what works best for you.
Even if you do 0.5km in the beginning, it is AMAZING! And you know why? Because it cost you a lot! You made that step out of your comfort zone and did something difficult, maybe even something entirely new in your life. But most of all you made a decision in your head – to move your ass and do something good for your body. That’s what counts!
- PHONE – I use Endomondo app thanks to which I keep track of the distance and progress I make in running. It also allows me to take part in various challenges and to interact with other people who also keep track of their fitness journey using this app.
- HEADPHONES – I need to listen to music while running, when the tune is right, I can do more than I’d ever thought I was capable of! I love mine from Skullcandy (got them as a gift from my husband – they look really cool and the sound is amazing!)
- FITNESS TRACKER – this little thing will show you your heart beat in case you want to have that under control. The most popular seems to be FitBit, however there’s loads of different fitness trackers from various companies you can choose from. Me and my husband are totally crazy about XIAOMI and we have our Mi Bands from that brand.
How about you?
Do you use any of those accessories / apps for your fitness activities? I would also love to know if you run, and if so, what is your personal record? Please let me know in a comment.
Also feel free to share my post or pin it for later if you find it interesting. This is always very much appreciated.
Love <3 and remember to KEEP ROCKING!!!