This is my favourite breakfast or post-workout quick meal so far. It’s a simple banana omelette with a little bit of spinach, which gives it that amazing vivid green colour. What’s more you don’t even feel the taste of spinach at all, but instead the whole house smells like sweet pancakes. Furthermore it’s a great way to “cheat” your kids a little, especially those fussy ones who don;t like greens or eggs. I love it with strawberries and blueberries and my favourite almond butter on top.
What you need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 large banana (best middle ripe)
- 20g millet flakes (less if banana is not very ripe yet, a bit more if banana is very ripe)
- a fist of fresh spinach leaves
- spoonful of coconut oil
- coconut milk or cream or your favourite nut butter
How to make the pancakes:
- Mix eggs, banana (cut in smaller pieces), millet flakes and spinach leaves and blend them all together into pancake mass.
- Heat frying pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Fry your small pancakes (size is up to you) on both sides until golden brown (you can also fry only one large pancake instead of a few smaller ones).
- Serve with a bit of your favourite cream or nut butter (I recently served them with a bit of coconut milk on top), and add some berries.
If you like adding some greens to your food, you might also try this recipe HERE!
Let me know…
What’s your favourite breakfast dish? Have you tried banana pancakes yet? Do you have any tasty modifications you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below.
If you like this recipe, feel free to share it and comment below.