Leading a busy life and trying to follow a healthy diet may be quite challenging sometimes. Especially at the beginning of that journey. It requires a lot of self-discipline and very often a complete change of daily habits, which I believe is the most difficult part.
I find that having a few small packs of natural yoghurt in my fridge gives me many various possibilities to prepare healthy snacks. And today I’d like to suggest you one of the quickest and easiest one (and very delicious), which you can prepare at home: healthy yoghurt with grapes and apple mousse.
You can treat it as an inspiration and modify according to your needs, either by using different types of fruit or by adding some honey and resigning from nuts (if you’re allergic to them).
What you need for this yoghurt snack (will serve 4 people):
- 16 large spoons of natural yoghurt
- 5 oatcakes
- 40g of dried dates
- 1 fist of walnuts (or any other type of nuts you prefer)
- 250g of grapes (I used green ones)
- 1 medium size green apple
- almond flakes
- xylitol, stevia or honey
RELATED ARTICLE: Green Banana Pancakes
How to make it:
- Put 5 oatcakes in a plastic bag and crush them with a meat mallet until you get more or less even crumbs. Then do the same with walnuts.
- Chop dates into small pieces.
- Wash grapes and an apple. Cut the apple into smaller pieces and mix both fruit together in a mixer. You can add a little bit of honey or a healthy sweetener to taste if your grapes and apples are not very sweet.
- Mix oatcake crumble with dates and put the mix in glasses.
- Add natural yoghurt on top of it. I used 4 table spoons of this yoghurt for each of the tall glasses.
- Add crushed walnuts on top of the yoghurt layer.
- Now add your grapes and apple mousse, a little bit of almond flakes and some blueberries on top and sprinkle everything with xylitol or any other healthy sweetener of your choice.
Do you have any favourite snacks with natural yoghurt? What are they?