Cosmetology is filled with products with collagen which are meant to rejuvenate our skin and make us look younger for longer. There’s so many products to choose from and being well over 30, I’ve tried a few already, but today I’d like to tell you a little bit more about Native Collagen DNA – a recent discovery by a Polish company called Colway International.
Collagen is a “protein of youth”, which constitutes over 30% of the human protein and up to 70% of the proteins of the skin. Along with other ingredients of the matrix it forms a flexible net in the epidermis, which gives it elasticity and firmness, binds water and provides for the health of the connective tissue, i.e. constitutes the condition of the entire body. Its deficit (the decrease in synthesis) is the leading cause of wrinkles, which takes place as early as at 25 years of age.
Before I go on, I’d like to clarify a few things. I want you to know that this is NOT a sponsored post. However I’ve been a loyal customer of Colway and later Colway International for over 5 years and I’ve tried nearly all their products within all those years. I have a few which I’ve honestly fallen in love with and because of that I’ve decided to join Colway’s community. So I’m going to provide a few links in this post. I do not get any commission if you click on them. However I do get commissions if someone makes a purchase using one of my links. Colway International works through the word of mouth and personal recommendations. And I choose to write only about those products which I’m totally impressed with. Native Collagen DNA is one of those products.
Further in this post I also include a short video showing the effects of this collagen on my extremely dry hands (with cracked skin). So if you’re suffering from the same problem or you’re feeling intrigued, keep reading.
So what is Native Collagen?
Native Collagens are a breakthrough of Polish biotechnology and a huge cosmetic sensation. Collagen is extracted from fish skin in a form of helices. It is a collection of peptides that penetrate the epidermal barrier stimulating fibroblasts that produce our system’s collagen. At the molecular stage it is transdermal and has nearly identical structure as human collagen. Native Collagens are anti-age products that, unlike thousands of skin creams, do not fight the effects, but affect the cause of wrinkles. Their effectiveness is confirmed by clinical trials, including dermatological tests.
There’s currently 3 different Native Collagens available from Colway International:
I think the video below will give you a clearer picture of what Native Collagens are and what types of those Collagens are in Colway International’s offer:
I had a chance to test all three Collagens and I loved them all, however I think my favourite of all three is Native Collagen DNA.
Native Collagen DNA – a super cosmetic
This Collagen is nothing else but Native Collagen Pure enriched with active ingredients that are ahead of today’s cosmetology, supporting and activating the natural processes to create connective tissue. It intensely stimulates cells to function properly. Immediately after use the skin feels smooth, soft and perfectly moisturised.
The product comes in a 50ml glass bottle with a pump for an easy and sterile application.
It has a form of a yellowish gel and has very delicate natural smell (there’s no artificial fragrances in this product).
Native Collagen DNA:
- is 100% natural
- is artificial dye-free and fragrange-free
- does not contain any parabens
- has not been tested on animals
Application of Native Collagens:
Native Collagens are basically recommended for use on face, neck and cleavage, however you can also use them on your palms and feet, or on the whole body. The gel should be applied on clean and wet skin and then patted or massaged into the skin and left on till it gets absorbed. Once that happens it will give you the feeling of skin tightening, which is a desirable affect. The sensation can be easily stopped by application of a moisturiser.
I wanted to show you how to apply it correctly and also what to expect right after the first application. My hands, which suffer immensely from cold weather every year (I live in Ireland so cold weather is here like… 2/3 of the time…), seemed to be the perfect example to show you the effects after one application.
What I used for this treatment:
- Cellular Atelowater (Face Mist) by Colway – I used it because it had a pump and it was easier for the purpose of making the video to use this instead of running to the bathroom to wet my hands. However remember that tap water is absolutely fine. You need to have your skin wet before collagen application. – *the link I’m giving here leads to my online shop in Ireland so the product is available only in Ireland (or in Poland if you contact me directly).
- Native Collagen DNA by Colway International – *available in Europe
- Hand Cream from Hydro Series by Colway International – *available in Europe
And here’s my hand – before and after only 1 application of the products above:
Once again let’s have a look at both of my hands to have a comparison: LEFT one was not treated. RIGHT one was treated with the three products only once.
As you see even the colour is slightly different. Not to mention significant improvement in moisturisation and overall condition of the skin. It felt extremely soft and delicate immediately after application and it lasted!
Now imagine the same effect on the skin of your face!
If you want to know more about collagen hand treatment, I have a separate post in which I explain in details HOW I HEALED MY SUPER DRY HANDS IN A WEEK . I was using a different collagen for that treatment however you can achieve similar results using Native Collagen DNA too.
How often to use it?
I used Native Collagen DNA on my face regularly once or twice a day (1-2 pumps for one application) and my skin loved it. It also worked very well under makeup. The only thing is this WAITING time, but once you get used to it, it doesn’t bother you anymore and it becomes a normal routine. It takes about 2-3 minutes for the collagen to get absorbed (depending on how much you apply and how thirsty your skin is). So in the meantime, while you’re waiting, you can read a book or comb your hair, or do whatever it is that you do before bed time or in the morning. It’s really important to use it every day if you want to see long-lasting effects.
Native Collagen DNA has only 9 ingredients:
Aqua, Fish Collagen, (Salmon) Milt Extract, Placental Extract, Kinetin, Caprylyl Glycol, Copper, Tripeptide-1, Superoxide Dismutase.
Active ingredients include:
- Nucleic acids DNA and RNA (native)/ salmon roes extract which initiate the replication of the skin structure, activate cells and have strong antioxidant effect protecting them against reactive forms of oxygen.
- Kinetin – which is a growth hormone. Stimulates DNA repair processes, protects against UV rays and free radicals as well as reduces excessive hyperpigmentation. Activates fibroblasts and stimulates collagen production. It contributes to the extension of life of the cells, helps to smooth out the skin, to improve its tone and reduce surface wrinkles. It does not cause side effects or skin irritation.
- SOD – Superoxide dismutase which is an elite cosmetic component, an enzyme of the first line of defence of our body against free radicals and one of the most powerful antioxidants that exist in nature. It protects the body against oxidative stress that causes massive cell damage and an overall tissue degradation.
- Copper peptide GHK-Cu ((very) blue peptide) naturally occurring peptide constructed of copper molecules and amino acids of glycine – L-histidine – L-lysine. It stimulates the functioning of stem cells, increases the production of collagen in the skin, prevents photo-aging, improves elasticity and evens skin tone. It helps to reduce wrinkles, increases density and skin thickness.
- The extract of the Placenta – rich in numerous nutrients and regulating substances, such as: cytokines, hormones, bioactive peptides, enzymes, growth factors, vitamins and minerals. It improves tissue metabolism, regenerates tired and aging skin. It has a strong moisturizing and anti-inflammatory effect.
MORE information about active ingredients HERE.
Properties of Native Collagen DNA:
- protects cells and DNA against reactive forms of oxygen, photo-aging, UVA rays
- increases the synthesis of collagen and other basic nutrients of the skin
- activates the cells to rebuild
- widens peripheral vessels, improves blood circulation
- improves lipid metabolism and regulates cholesterol
- improves the synthesis of ATP
These products are currently only available in Europe and you can get them online from www.anc.colwayinternational.com
The whole DNA Series includes:
- Native Collagen DNA
- Luxury DNA Day Care (face cream)
- Luxury DNA Night Care (face cream)
- Intensive anti-wrinkle concentrate – which is also one of my top products, and I have a separate post about it HERE
Have you ever tried products with collagen before? Would you be tempted to try? I started using these products when I turned 32 and when I noticed my first wrinkles after pregnancy. And I’ve followed that routine ever since, which will be nearly 6 years now. I’m still loyal and extremely satisfied with the results.