I thought it would become another rest day because I had a headache almost all day. I was drinking loads of water, I took a painkiller, I had two short naps and I was trying everything I could in order to get rid of that splitting headache. It finally eased off late afternoon and my energy was back.
I wanted to do a full-body workout but because of that headache I didn’t want it to be too tough so I’ve found this one (a 20-minute full-body workout by Mel B):
I think this workout was just enough although the pace was quite challenging when you had to wave your hands with weights up and down and sideways rhythmically… I started with 2x2kg, but had to change it to 2x1kg in the middle. Still I loved it and it was enough to make me sweat and pant when I was getting closer to the end.
My daughter always comes in to my room when I start doing my workout. I thought she would join me but she preferred to keep jumping on the mattress instead… I think I need to sign her up for some classes, gymnastics perhaps… hmm…
MEALS & WATER
What can I say… Just look!
My first homemade tiramisu ever! I’ve always had a weakness for this dessert but this one… OMG! I’m lost… This one is just heavenly delicious ❤ I made it using Thermomix, a few minute preparation, then 5h in the fridge and it’s ready to eat. Instead of sugar I used xylitol so it’s a bit healthier version. Sprinkled with dark cocoa – ahhh sooo mouthwatering! I could eat the whole dish!!! I know I’m not helping you people who are trying to keep a diet, I’m not even helping myself! But you know what? I think we shouldn’t torture ourselves too much. A good cheat meal every now and again is not a bad thing. Just be careful not to eat it TOO often.
Here’s the recipe (I did it in Thermomix, but you can try without it too):
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 130g sugar (I used xylitol)
- 500g mascarpone
- 300g sponge fingers
- 400g strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 20g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place eggs, egg yolk and sugar into mixing bowl and whip 6min/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Mix 2min/speed 3 while adding mascarpone in spoonfuls through hole in mixing bowl lid onto rotating blades.
- Briefly soak sponge fingers in chilled coffee until they soak up just enough liquid without falling apart. Arrange half of the soaked sponge fingers in the bottom of a rectangular dish (30 cm x 20 cm x 6 cm). Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the sponge fingers base. Cover with remaining soaked sponge fingers, and spread remaining mascarpone mixture on top. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 5 hours. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
Except for that little sweet treat I was eating healthy all day and drinking loads of water. I even prepared my own isotonic drink (water, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and a little bit of honey). I think it also helped me to get rid of my headache in the end.
It’s weekend guys! That means I can sleep as much as I want to (provided we have no plans for weekend days of course). I slept for 8h and then I had two short naps during the day. Perfecto!
PHONE, INTERNET & BOOK
I had plenty of time for reading today and I was doing my best not to spend too much time on my phone, so really proud of myself.
Great day! 😀 Now tell me, what is your favourite dessert? Is there something you just can’t resist no matter what? 🙂