I remember days when my daily skincare routine was limited to water, toner and a moisturising face cream. For some this may be just enough, however in my case it wasn’t. I’ve always had a problematic skin. It’s been very sensitive to hormonal turbulences and to various types of food which I discovered much much later… The worst part came when I got pregnant. I was 29 and I just couldn’t look at myself in the mirror. We have that saying in Poland that when you’re pregnant with a baby girl, she is sucking all the beauty out of her mommy. Well, it must have been THAT in my case!
I’d been fighting my complexion problems for about 4 years after giving birth to my daughter, trying various things, even antibiotics. It helped a little, but the real change came when my sister-in-law gave me a bottle of natural collagen for Christmas. It actually required a very strict regular use, cause it was a natural product and to see results you needed to arm yourself in a lot of patience. However, even after the first application I noticed a remarkable change in the way my skin felt so I wanted to give it a go. That was over 5 years ago.
Still in love ❤ More about this product a little bit further down.
Since then, so it’s 5 years already, I’ve been using this product every day. For the first few months twice a day, then only once a day before bedtime. I fell in love with it so much that I’ve decided to become a member of the company that produces and sells these products. And you have to believe me that I’m being 100% honest with you when talking about my skincare routine and my own experience. I’m not trying to sell anything. I have a prospering business which I’ve built within all those years in Ireland. Besides, products I’m using are not available in shops and you can’t get them in most of the countries, so relax 😉 If you get interested though, give me a shout. I might direct you to someone who could help.
So, I also have a few other Colway skincare products which I can’t imagine my life without. They’ve been with me for all these 5 years and my skin absolutely loves them!
Here’s a list of products I use every morning:
Yes, only TWO products:
- Collagen Wash Gel – a delicate SLS-free face cleanser in which I wash my face together with water. It refreshes my skin after the night, making it soft and delicate in touch. It feels great!
- Moisturising Day Cream (also with collagen). And here I’m very sad because the company has just discontinued production of this face cream and this is my last jar! (I want to cry!…) I have a huge sentiment towards this cream, it has brought my skin back to normal state after a few experiments with testing other face creams, which ended up with allergic reaction. I can’t get over the fact that I won’t be able to use this cream anymore! Hope they will introduce something equally good or even better in its place.
After those two products I can apply my very light daily makeup (hope to describe that in the future too if you’re interested).
Now, here’s a list of products I use for the nighttime:
- Collagen Wash Gel – the same one which I use in the morning. It’s got a very gentle formula but at the same time it removes my makeup perfectly. It’s enough to wash your face with water and apply only one pump of this gel massaging it in to a wet skin. Even your eyes cause it doesn’t sting, and it takes care of my mascara and eye shadows too, if I wear any. NOW here’s an interesting thing: this bottle normally lasts for 6 MONTHS!!!!! if it wasn’t for my husband who’s decided to use it as a shower gel! YES, a shower gel!!! (it’s great as a shower gel though, I know, I’ve also tried haha 🙂 ).
- Clarifying cleanser – I use this product only once or twice a week if I want to drastically cleanse my skin. I love it but I wouldn’t use it more often. Your skin feels as if it’s been completely robbed of its natural protective barrier, or maybe this is only my subjective feeling… but when you are rinsing it off you can FEEL it under your fingers! It feels normal later when you towel dry your face but that feeling when washing it off is rather weird… So I use it carefully, not too much and not too often. I love it though cause it does its job really good!
- Cellular AteloWATER – this is the newest product from Colway. It’s a face mist! But it’s quite an unusual one because it’s enriched with three types of collagen and active vitamin C (I love it!!!! ❤ ), and it’s composition resembles water present in our skin. It’s also enriched with mineral ions and trace elements. I love that feeling when you spray it onto your face because you feel as if those delicate foam bubbles were bursting 😀 , yeahhh they have a huge party right on your face, opening bottles of champagne! (hahaha, OK my imagination just went out of control…). BUT that gives you a nice tickling feeling! It’s enough to spray it evenly excluding eye area (and lips! cause you might get a stinging sensation) and then leave it on.
- Natural Collagen Platinum – that’s my precious! ❤ The one which I couldn’t live without for the past 5 years. It’s 100% natural, has only 5 ingredients, and the collagen is still in its biologically active form. That means that its structure gets broken down into tiny elements by the heat of your skin and those little particles penetrate it easily, enriching the skin and stimulating cells responsible for your own collagen production. You only need 2-3 pumps which you apply on wet skin and leave till it all gets absorbed on its own. I apply it on my wet skin right after I use my Face Mist. (and this little bottle lasts for 3 months! – although I share it with my hubby so it doesn’t last that long… hmm… )
- AntiAge Rejuvenating Face Cream – that could be my replacement for the Day and Night Cream which Colway is discontinuing, because this one seems OK for my skin. I like the design of the jar, that huge pump on top where the cream comes up when you press it. And I love it that my skin is not shiny after this cream, so I often choose to wear it under my makeup when I get ready for a night out. It’s the best under-makeup face cream I’ve ever had.
So that’s my daily skincare routine. Those are my favourite products, tested for years, chosen with care, trusted for life.
And btw my husband steals them all from me! Can you believe that!?!?!?
And here’s a few words about me:
I’m 38 now and I have that strong impression that as for wrinkles – time has stopped for me (oh OK not only for wrinkles 😉 ). I managed to reduce some of what had already been there but what’s more important to me is the fact that I haven’t noticed any NEW ones appearing within all these 5 years.
And one fact in case you become curious: I had only ONE treatment done by a beautician in my life! That was 10 years ago shortly before my wedding and it was a cleansing treatment (which I absolutely hated btw). I’m not saying that I will never ever go again, but until today, I only had that one treatment so far.
How does your skincare routine look like? What’s your number 1 face cream or any other skincare product which you particularly love? I would love to hear from you so please share your experience in a comment below.
Have a lovely day, guys! xxx